Sea shanties were intended to be easy to learn so that the entire crew, including new hands, would be singing and working together quickly. While the Lazy Jacks will sing for you, we prefer to sing with you, and consider ourselves as instigators rather than performers.
We sing at private events, public celebrations, local festivals, community events, indoors, and outside by the water, and are always looking for new places to share our music.
Do you prefer a concert or a sing-along? Do you want to sail through as many songs as possible, or are you interested in hearing about the history of the songs and the times they represent?
We’ve performed in a variety of situations from stages with sound systems to absolutely acoustic settings, including:
- Music and More on Main
- Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Port Townsend Shanty Session
- KPTZ Radio (Port Townsend)
- Princeton Traditional Music Festival
- Langley International Festival
- Steveston Ship to Shore Festival
- Hollyburn Wooden Boat Festival
- Royal Society of St. George, Trafalgar Day
- Brackendale Fall Festival
- CJSF Radio, Melodies in Mind